This week is Adult Learners Week, the UK’s largest celebration of learning.
Developing your existing skills and learning new ones is not just beneficial for your career and for getting ahead in the jobs market; you’ll feel refreshed and ready to tackle new and exciting opportunities in your life.
A lot of people come to see us and are bored of their jobs, not earning enough money and possessing a low sense of worth, and after studying one of our courses, we see them leave with a new set of skills and a new found confidence.
What We Do
Pitman Training are leaders in office skills training, and have been training adult learners for over 175 years.
Here are some of the things we do to support adult learners:
- Our doors are open 5 days a week to those who want free career advice – just get in touch with your nearest centre to arrange your visit.
- All students are offered a free demo of the course before they enrol to allow them to try out the learning methodology.
- We make our training easy – there are no timetables or start dates, allowing you to drop in and study during your free time, much like the set-up of a gym. Find out what Pitman Training Manchester student Alison Simkiss thought about our training methods.
- Plus, we’re open in the evenings and Saturdays, so it’s really easy for you to make time to study around your job, or other commitments. Some courses are even available to study from home.
- When you sign up to be a student with us, you can receive our weekly jobs email, and diploma students will have access to fantastic discounts from the CV store.
What You Can Do
- Look at your CV and see what’s missing. Are you up to date with the latest in office technology?
- Learn something completely new! We recommend trying our exciting Social Media for Business Diploma.
- Feeling brave? Why not think about re-training for a brand new career? Pamela Slater did, and you can read her story here.
- Make sure your skills are up to date – our Course Advisors can help you with this and are happy to chat to you and assess your skills.
- Attend our one or two day seminars to gain new skills in a short space of time – perfect for giving your skills a boost and a quick way to show you have been professionally trained.
- Going back to work after a career break? Try our Back to Work Diploma – you’ll be up to date in the latest office technology in no time.
Thinking of re-training or learning some new skills? Feel free to give us a call or drop into one of our centres:
Manchester: 0161 923 6814
Holborn: 020 7025 4700
Notting Hill: 020 7792 5214
Croydon: 020 8688 0378