Personal Development – Unit 4, Financial Awareness.
This unit is made up of 3 modules (see descriptions below) which can be taken as stand-alone subjects.
The whole unit is usually completed in 18-34 study hours.
You can start your studies whenever you wish and you can study at times to suit you as the modules are delivered online.
There is so much to tell you about this powerful, comprehensive management course that you’ll benefit from an in-depth conversation with one of our professional Course Advisors.
What Is Covered.
Module 1 – Principles, Standards and Conventions of Accounting. (Approx 8 – 14 hrs)
Explore and understand key terms within accounting. Put your new-found understanding into practice with a variety of financial activities.
• Background to Financial Management
• Accounting and Financial Management
• Principles of Accounting
• Ways of Measuring Financial Information
• Financial Statements – the Balance Sheet
Module 2 – Nature and Use of Financial Information. (Approx 5–10 hrs)
Develop your ability to ‘read’ and understand balance sheets; Profit and Loss accounts. Explore types of comparison and the relationship between the Profit and Loss account and the balance sheet.
• The Balance Sheet
• The Profit and Loss Account
• Types of Comparison
• Relationship Between Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet
Module 3 – Interpretation and Analysis of Financial Information. (Approx 5 – 10 hrs)
Learn why analysing financial information is important. Develop the managerial skills needed to measure financial performance, identify trends and interpret financial information. Explore profitability, Common Size Analysis and liquidity.
• Importance of Analysing Financial Information
• The Relevance of Profitability
• Common Size Analysis
• Measuring Financial Performance
• Identifying Trends
• Interpretation and Analysis of Financial information
What Else Should I Study With This Unit?
Check out these training opportunities!