This 10 hour course is made up of four lessons, and is designed to teach medical secretaries how to accurately transcribe documents containing a doctor’s terminology.
A critically important skill, our medical audio transcription module will require approximately 10 hours of study at our High Holborn, Notting Hill or Manchester training centres.
To enrol or find out more, just email us via the button below or call one of our friendly Course Advisors on the numbers shown in the side bar on the right.
- Lesson 1: Simple medical sentences containing relevant terminology; letter from consultant Ophthalmologist; letter from Consultant Gastro-Enterologist; memo to Community Health Care Services; referral letters from GP to Consultant.
- Lesson 2: Referral letter to Consultant Dermatologist; letter from ENT Registrar; letter from Senior Registrar to GP; Memo to Community Health Council; Clinic Notice.
- Lesson 3: Letter to GP form Senior Registrar in Oncology department; letters from Consultant Physician; memo from Surgical Registrar to GP; clinic information notice; memo from Practice Nurse.
- Lesson 4: Referral letter from GP; memo from Medical Records Officer; GP letter to Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist; letter to Consultant; memo from Chief Executive.
What are the benefits?
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to confidently transcribe documents containing medical terminology, and pursue a rewarding career as a medical secretary.
Studying with us means you can enjoy the flexibility and value of our self-study courses which are designed to enable you to work at your own pace.
You’ll benefit from the expert help of our trainers at our centres in London and Manchester, who are always on hand if you get stuck or have any questions.
Plus, you’ll receive a famous Pitman Training certificate on completion of the course to prove your ability in Medical Audio Transcription.
There’s no waiting for term to start – you can enrol and start your course anytime, even today if you like!
Similar Medical Secretary Courses
- Medical Secretarial Diploma
- Medical Terminology Course
- Medical Secretary – An Introduction
- Touch Typing Courses
- Audio Typing Course
- Word Processing Course