RTI (Real Time Information) has been introduced by HMRC, and companies will need to comply and ensure their employees are familiar with the new system.
Sage 50 Payroll RTI is a practical course which will familiarise students with the benefits of automated systems and logging details within a centralised system, covering Payroll processes, HMRC reporting and payments.
In this self-paced Sage 50 Payroll course, you’ll cover:
- Setting up details on Sage – An introduction to the Computerised Payroll system shows you how to set up new company details on Sage, how to set up employee records and manage company settings. It also covers setting up Pay Elements, Pay Deductions and Company Loans.
- Adding in specific schemes – Sage is intended to be as bespoke as possible to each business’s needs. You’ll see how to add Company Pension Schemes and set up Holiday schemes relevant to the specific business you’re working for.
- Understanding the Payroll Cycle – A quick look at the Payroll Cycle covers the basics of all elements involved and the considerations to be made each month. This also looks at Processing the Payroll for weekly and monthly paid employees.
- Real Time Information (RTI) – Understand the commitments of RTI for employee PAYE and ensure you are working to the government guidelines.
- Entering Payments – How to enter payments so they are accurately logged, and easily found on the system.
- Dealing with Statutory pay – The course covers the requirements of Statutory Sick Pay (SSP); Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) to ensure you’re working to legislation.
- Reports & Backups – Pre and Post update reports and backups.
- E-submissions – See how to submit accounting information and make payments online.
- Voluntary deductions & Student Loans – See how to log these and how to incorporate voluntary deductions and student loan payments to payroll systems.
- Processing Starters and Leavers – The basics of fading and removing people from the system, looking at the documentation required when people join and leave the business.
- Payments due to HMRC – This covers a number of different payments a business is required to make to HMRC, looking at the requirements, processes and legalities of fulfilling this.
- Calculating the Cost of Wages – see how Sage Payroll can help you calculate the cost of wages through its automated systems.
This course covers the current tax year and includes three RTI walk through sessions.
This self-paced Sage 50 Payroll RTI course takes the average student around 30 hours of self-paced study time to complete.
You’ll work through the course with an audio guide and a comprehensive workbook, and at the end of the course you’ll take an exam which will lead to a nationally recognised Pitman Training Certificate – proof of your ability in RTI Sage 50 Payroll.
Sage 50 Payroll is a highly flexible course that allows you to study at times to suit you, fitting the course around your other commitments.
If you get stuck or have any questions, our friendly training team are on hand at the training centres, and can be reached by phone or email if you choose to study from home.
Choose from four fantastic training centres, or study from home.
All three centres operate flexible opening hours, which include daytimes, evenings and Saturdays.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Practical Sage 50 Payroll course has been designed for anyone working in bookkeeping and accounts, and those who have an understanding of manual payroll systems and knowledge of payroll principles.
Other Bookkeeping courses include:
- Foundation in Bookkeeping Diploma
- Sage Line 50
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping for Beginners
- Bookkeeping for Intermediates
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Final Accounts 1
- Final Accounts 2
- Manual Payroll
Not sure which Bookkeeping course is for you? We offer free careers consultation with one of our Course Advisors designed to help you assess your skills and career aspirations, and find out which course is most suitable for your needs.
During the careers consultation, you’ll enjoy a free demo on a course of your choice, to help you understand more about how we train.
Just get in touch today to arrange your visit.