Descriptions Of Both Sales & Purchase Ledger Training Courses On This Page.
Sales Ledger Training Course.
Pitman Training’s Sales Ledger training course follows on from our Basic Book-Keeping Course and is aimed at people wishing to add a thorough knowledge of purchase ledger to their skill set.You’ll learn how to run a manual sales ledger, how to account for retrospective discounts, how to identify potential bad debts and credit control as well as learning about all the paperwork involved in sales ledger, such as customers’ purchase requisitions, sales invoices and delivery notes.
What Is Covered.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to credit purchases; sales invoices; completing the Sales Day Book
- Lesson 2: The purpose of keeping a Sales Ledger; location information to be recorded in the Sales Ledger accounts; writing up Sales Ledger accounts; recording bad debts in the Sales Ledger; cross referencing entries in the Sales Ledger accounts with the Sales Day Book and Case Book
- Lesson 3: Recording contra entries; preparing a list of balances from the individual Sales Ledger accounts; writing up a Sales Ledger Control Account; detecting errors between the Sales Ledger Control Account and the Individual Sales Ledger Accounts
- Lesson 4: Maintaining a self-managed Credit Control System; using an Ageing Analysis; procedures when accounting for VAT to Customs and Excise
Purchase Ledger Training Course.
Pitman Training’s Purchase Ledger training course follows on from our Basic Book-Keeping course and is aimed at people wishing to add a thorough knowledge of purchase ledger to their skill set.
You’ll learn the importance of purchase order requisitions, how to reconcile suppliers’ invoices and all the practical aspects of running a manual purchase ledger. This critically important topic is taught in only 10 hours at our High Holborn, Notting Hill or Manchester training centres.
What Is Covered.
In three easy-to-follow lessons, you’ll cover the following:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to credit purchases; purchase invoices; completing the Purchases Day Book.
- Lesson 2: The purpose of keeping a Purchase Ledger; locating information to be recorded in the Purchase Ledger accounts; writing up Purchase Ledger accounts; cross-referencing entries in the Purchase Ledger with the Purchases Day Book and Cash Book.
- Lesson 3: Reconciling the information contained in a supplier’s statement; preparing a list of balances from individual Purchase Ledger accounts; writing up a Purchase Ledger Control Account; detecting errors between the Purchase Ledger Control Account and the Individual Purchase Ledger Accounts; stock records; the importance of accounting for all VAT.
More Bookkeeping And Accountancy Courses.
- Accounting Technician Diploma
- Basic Book-keeping
- Excel 2003 Proficient
- Excel 2003 Expert
- Excel 2010 Beginners To Intermediates
- Final Accounts I
- Final Accounts II
- Foundation In Finance Diploma
- Manual PAYE
- Numeric Data Entry
- Sage Line 50 Version 12
- Sage Payroll 10