- Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Start any time – even today, in London or Manchester.
- Study daytimes, evenings, Saturdays or a mixture.
- Qualify in as little as 5 weeks or take up to a year.
- Get started from as little as £600
What You’ll Cover.
In this nationally recognised receptionist course, you’ll study 7 exciting subjects:
- Touch Typing for Beginners Where you’ll learn to touch type accurately without looking at your fingers and using all of them!
- Business Document Production Where you’ll learn how to produce great looking business documents to reflect the professional style of your organisation.
- Communication At Work Here, you’ll learn verbal and non-verbal communication skills as well as the principles and structure of written communication to make sure you give the right impression all the time.
- Professional Receptionist Seminar This is a one-day classroom seminar where you’ll meet other receptionists and learn how to project the best front of house image for your organisation.
- Microsoft Word Part 1 Most people only know how to use a fraction of Word’s functionality. You’ll learn to produce professional looking Word documents efficiently, using a wide range of functions.
- Microsoft Outlook Manage multiple diaries for managers and colleagues, organise meeting rooms and master advanced email techniques.
- Choose One Elective To complete your diploma, you choose one other subject from our course list, enabling you to tailor your qualification to the needs of your employer. See our course list.
About This Programme.
This receptionist course is the one we’ve all been waiting for!
Finally there’s a nationally recognised Pitman Training Diploma for people working in reception, enabling them to prove to employers and agencies alike that they have the skills necessary to provide reception and clerical duties to the highest standards.
Not only will you learn how to communicate at work and how to welcome visitors, but you’ll learn to touch type, office organisation with Microsoft Outlook and much more.
Who Should Attend?
This receptionist course is aimed at anyone working as a receptionist, whether new or experienced, who needs to expand their skill set and it is also suitable for people looking to move into office work for the first time.
Alternatively, Try Our One-Day Professional
Receptionist Seminar Click Here.
How Does This Receptionist Course Work?
Apart from the classroom based Professional Receptionist Seminar, the other core modules are self-paced, which means you’ll study at our training centres with the support of our friendly tutors, working with pre-recorded lessons, a workbook and computer.
The beauty of learning in this way is that you can start when you want, study when you want (even if you work shifts or have an irregular timetable) and you can never miss a class! And our friendly tutors all started off as students with us so they know exactly what it feels like!
You’ll take short exams after each module and when you pass, you’ll be awarded a certificate for each subject. When you’ve passed all your exams, you’ll receive the coveted Pitman Training Receptionist Diploma.
How Can I Enrol?
The first step to becoming a qualified receptionist is to come and talk to one of our course advisors who will establish whether you qualify for any exemptions due to prior skills and who will also help you make the best choice of elective subject.
If you’re enquiring for yourself, we can enrol you then and there if you wish.
If your employer is paying for your receptionist course, we’ll give you some forms for completion by your boss and as soon as we receive them, we’ll call you to arrange your start date.
The Receptionist And The Jobs Market.
Demand for professionals to work in reception is very high in London and Manchester, however we’ve never before offered a diploma level qualification in this field.
Clearly any receptionist, whether experienced or not who can demonstrate their abilities with a nationally recognised diploma will have an advantage in securing work with a high quality employer.
Enjoy your reception training and use your qualification to win a receptionist position you can be proud of!