- Very in-depth
- Nationally respected qualification
- Approx 22 study hours
- Start any time. Study days, evenings, Saturdays or a mixture
If you’re looking for a job in bookkeeping or accounts, you’ll need to have mastered Sage Line 50 and this is one of the most thorough, confidence building courses to help you do it!
This programme is special in that not only does it deliver terrific depth on a practical level, it also results in the award of a nationally recognised Pitman Training certificate, respected by employers everywhere.
Study of Sage 50 Accounts will enable you to take the AAT Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping.
What This Course Covers.
In 11 in-depth lessons on Line 50 Sage book keeping software training, you’ll cover the following:
- Lesson 1: Overview of the Sage program, changing the financial year, changing the program date, customers and suppliers opening balances, entering new customers and suppliers, data protection and security, backing up accounts data
- Lesson 2: Restoring data from a previous lesson, entering opening balances in the nominal ledger, preparing and printing a trial balance, setting up opening assets, liabilities and capital balances, entering budgets, producing routine reports
- Lesson 3: Changing the program date, checking data, the products window, making stock adjustments in, entering supplier invoices for products and services, posting error corrections, amending existing customer and supplier records
- Lesson 4: Creating customer invoices, previewing and printing customer invoices, checking the activity on a selected customer account, updating ledgers, generating customer letters, entering details of a new product, checking communication history
- Lesson 5: Entering customer and bank receipts, part payment, producing statements for customers, the customer and supplier dashboards, the diary
- Lesson 6: Processing payments made against supplier invoices, processing bank payments for non-invoiced items, entering petty cash payments and restoring the petty cash float, doing a bank transfer, using a journal to correct errors, using a journal to update the accounts with payroll details, the structure of nominal accounts, adding a new nominal account, printing a trial balance
- Lesson 7: Reconciling the November bank statement, printing and viewing bank reports and day books, using criteria to view specific reports, printing out the audit trail, correcting basic entry errors, reconciling the debtors and creditors control accounts
- Lesson 8: Deleting obsolete customer and supplier records, setting up a customer to receive settlement discount, using memorise and recall in the batch supplier invoice window, creating sales credit notes, processing purchase credit notes, adjusting stock records for returns
- Lesson 9: Posting a payment on account, allocating a payment on account, processing a receipt that includes settlement discount, using memorise and recall in the bank window, setting up a recurring entry, deleting a recurring entry, processing petty cash for December, entering several journals, reconcile the December bank statement
- Lesson 10: Adding a new user to Sage, setting up a bill of materials, creating a new product record, performing a stock take and making adjustments, producing product price lists and discount structures, creating delivery addresses
- Lesson 11: Deleting a price list, creating and amending sales orders, allocating/unallocating stock, placing orders on hold, deleting orders, updating stock and recording despatch details
- Lesson 12: Creating and amending purchase orders, processing sales orders, allocating/unallocating stock, marking orders as delivered, cancelling orders, updating purchase order details, updating stock levels
- Lesson 13: Checking and reconciling the VAT return, the VAT transfer wizard, printing out a trial balance, producing profit & loss and balance sheet for management accounts, checking budget figures versus actuals, carrying out the year end procedure
About This Training Programme.
If you’re already experienced in basic bookkeeping and now need to run your accounts on a PC, this programme using Sage Line 50 software is the one for you!
Sage Line 50 is one of the most used software programmes in Britain and it is a prerequisite for the professional bookkeeper that they should know how to use it.
The Pitman Training Sage Line 50 programme is different from many because it focuses on training you how to “drive” your accounts function rather than simply doing data entry.
For this reason, we strongly recommend that you are already skilled in double entry bookkeeping and can confidently prepare accounts to trial balance, profit & loss and balance sheet level before embarking on this programme.
If you’re unsure about your current level of proficiency, just call our Course Advisors for help.
This Pitman Training Sage Line 50 course is recognised as an official computerised bookkeeping course by the International Association of Book-keepers (IAB).
In approximately 22 study hours at our friendly High Holborn, Notting Hill or Manchester training centres, with Pitman London & Manchester you’ll learn everything you need to know to carry out the book-keeping and accountancy functions of SME’s and other organisations on a PC.
More Bookkeeping And Accountancy Courses.
- Accounting Technician Diploma
- Basic Book-keeping
- Manual Bookkeeping Course For Beginners
- Manual Bookkeeping Course – Intermediate
- Manual Bookkeeping Course – Advanced
- Excel 2003 Proficient
- Excel 2003 Expert
- Excel 2010 Beginners To Intermediates
- Final Accounts I
- Final Accounts II
- Foundation In Finance Diploma
- Manual PAYE
- Numeric Data Entry
- Purchase Ledger
- Sage Payroll 10
- Sales Ledger