Studying at your own pace, this fantastic course will help you gain top audio transcription skills.
If you’re looking to add audio typing to your skill set and you’re short of time, this is the secretarial course for you.
There’s an increasing demand for secretaries with audio transcription skills from recruiters in the medical and legal sectors, and this short course will give you the knowledge and skills required to be able to transcribe business documents.
It’s also suitable for students who wish to gain an OCR in Audio Transcription Stage 1 Part 2 as part of their secretary training.
What’s Covered In This Audio typing Course?
You’ll enjoy 6 lessons over 15 hours at Pitman Training in London (Holborn and Notting Hill) or Croydon, covering the following subjects:
- Lesson 1: Effectively operate the transcriber, transcribe sentences, the use of the comma, and transcribe paragraphs, which include initial capitals.
- Lesson 2: Transcribe sentences displayed in double line spacing, transcribe a short report with the heading in capitals, and transcribe a business memo and a report displayed in double line spacing.
- Lesson 3: Transcribe commonly misspelt words; transcribe two business letters and a business memo.
- Lesson 4: Transcribe sentences containing similar sounding words (homophones), transcribe a report and change line spacing as instructed, and transcribe a business letter with enclosure.
- Lesson 5: Transcribe a short report containing commonly mis-spelt words at increased speeds, transcribe a longer report and change to single line spacing as instructed, transcribe a memo containing measurements.
- Lesson 6: Transcribe a memo with emphasised text. Transcribe two business letters.
How Do We Train?
Our audio typing courses are really flexible – there’s no term dates or timetables, meaning you can start when you’re ready.
It’s great for secretaries who need to fit their training around their career, as we’re open evenings and Saturdays.
You’ll receive a personalised workbook and will go through the course with audio tuition, plus our friendly trainers are always on hand in the centres if you get stuck.
At the end of the course, you’ll receive a nationally recognised Pitman Training certificate to approve your ability in audio transcription.
We know that you might not want to start a course without finding out a bit more about it, so why not drop in to see us at one of our training centres and arrange a free demo?
You might also be interested in Stage 2 of our audio typing course, which will take your skills to new heights.