If you’re already experienced in using Word, this expert course will take you to a whole new level!
In only 20 hours’ study at Pitman Training London in our Notting Hill or High Holborn training centres and at Pitman Training in Croydon and Manchester, you’ll have the knowledge, confidence and skill to deliver Word documents that will please the most demanding boss.
And to prove your skill, you’ll earn both a coveted Pitman Training certificate and an internationally recognised Microsoft IT Academy certificate.
Using our proven self-paced training methodology and the close support of our friendly tutors, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll learn new elements of Word.
And because we’re open late during the week and on Saturdays, it’s easy to fit your studies around your other commitments.
To enrol or find out more, call our friendly Course Advisors:
What Is Covered.
You’ll cover 8 lessons which will tell you everything you need to know to help you use Word at an intermediate level including:
- Lesson One – Mail merge using existing documents, create a main document and a datasource, set filter options within mail merge, use mail merge to create envelopes and labels
- Lesson Two – Merge letters and labels with data sources from other programs, print a datasource,
sort records, update, insert and delete records, manage fields
- Lesson Three – Apply paragraph shading, sort paragraphs. sort data in a table, insert calculations in a table, update fields, insert an embedded object, insert a linked object, update links, use paste special, import a file from Excel to create a chart, modify a chart, sort records, update, insert and delete records, manage fields
- Lesson Four – AutoSummarise, use Word Count, change file properties, create multiple versions of a document. protect documents, use Find and Replace to locate special characters, attach a digital signature to documents
- Lesson Five – Create and modify a table of contents, create and modify an index. create cross-reference in an index, insert a bookmark
- Lesson Six - Control the flow of text, create a watermark, modify a document background, create and revise footnotes and endnotes, insert a caption, insert a cross-reference within a document, set up different page numbering within a document, work with master documents and subdocuments
- Lesson Seven – Create a macro, run a macro, assign a macro to a keystroke, assign a macro to a toolbar button, edit a macro, delete a macro, use a form, create a form, create a drop-down list, create a date format, use calculations in a form
- Lesson Eight – Insert a movie, modify a web page, apply a theme to a document, save a document in XML format, attach a schema to a Word document, apply XML tags to a document
This course is aimed at intermediate users (Word Proficient graduates) wishing to become expert users or those who already have a great deal of Word knowledge and experience who want to take their skills to the limit and earn certificates to prove it.