If you’re thinking about entering into a career in IT networking, this is the course for you – in just 30 hours of self-paced study you’ll have a basic understanding of IT networking in order to set you on your way towards a role as an IT administration or an IT Support Technician.
The course will prepare you for the Microsoft exam 98 – 366, an entry level credential from Microsoft. On top of this, you will also receive a Pitman Training course completion certificate.
MTA Networking Fundamentals Course Content
In around 7 hours of self-paced study, you’ll complete the following modules:
- Module 1 – Internet, intranet, extranet, understanding LANs, wired vs wireless LANs, understanding WANs, understanding wireless networking, networking topologies and access methods
- Module 2 – Understanding switches, switches in depth, understanding routers, network cabling part 1, network cabling part 2
- Module 3 – Understanding the OSI Model Part 1, IP addressing part 2, introduction to name resolution, networking services and tools
You’ll also cover how to build and manage Microsoft Windows Servers, Windows based network operating systems, Active Directory and essential system recovery tools.
This is a self-paced course which can be studied either online, or at one of our training centres in London and Manchester.
It consists of a series of pre-recorded video lessons, as well as pre and post-test to identify your skills and help you improve.
Full 24 hour online support is available if you get stuck or have any questions.
Whilst the average student will take around 7 hours to complete this course, this is not limited and you will have up to 29 days to finish.
Who Should Take This Course?
If you’d like a career managing Microsoft Windows servers of working as an IT support technician, then this is the course for you.
It’s particularly suited for those who prefer the self-paced, flexible style of learning that this course offers, allowing you to fit your studying around your other commitments.
MTA Networking Fundamentals is a module in our Network Support Technician Diploma.
Other modules in this comprehensive diploma programme include:
- Communication Skills for IT Specialists
- MTA Security Fundamentals
- MTA Server Administration
- Network +
Please visit our IT Technical courses page for the full range of courses on offer.
If you’re not sure which course is the right one for your career needs, why not get in touch and arrange a free careers consultation?
You can even have a free demo of any of the courses to try them out before you enrol.