If you want to work in IT in network or system administration, this is the course for you.
Studying online, you’ll work through three modules which will provide you with a solid understanding of working in this area of IT.
You’ll learn how to build and manage Microsoft Windows Servers, Windows based operating systems, Active Directory domains, users, groups and computers, as well as how to perform regular maintenance.
Other areas covered include being able to recover lost data and how to monitor systems.
At the end of the course, you will be able to take the MTA 98-365 exam, and will also receive a Pitman Training course completion certificate.
MTA Server Administration Fundamentals Course Content
Here’s what’s covered:
- Session 1 – Installing Windows server, server types, Windows server roles. File and print servers, active directory, managing active directory
- Session 2- Internal server storage, external server storage, understanding RAID, configuring RAID, server virtualisation, basic server administration
- Session 3 – Server maintenance, processors and memory, performance baselines, troubleshooting server problems, booting the server, using event viewer, disaster recovery
This online course takes around 9 hours to complete, but you do have up to a year to finish the course.
Studying from home, you’ll benefit from 24 hour online support if you get stuck or have any questions.
The course is built on a series of pre-recorded video lessons to make for an interactive and engaging learning experience, and there are tests to make sure you’re on the right track.
Who Should Take This Course?
This online MTA Server Fundamentals course is suitable for those who want to gain an understanding of fundamental server administration concepts, in order to take the first step towards a career in IT.
It’s suitable for those who need flexibility to study and prefer to learn in a self-paced environment.
More IT Courses
MTA Server Administration Fundamentals is a module in our Network Support Technician Diploma.
Other modules in this diploma include:
- Communication Skills for IT Specialists
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- MTA Security Fundamentals
- Network +
We have a wide range of other IT Technical courses and offer free careers consultations for those not sure which direction to go in.
Just get in touch to speak to one of our Course Advisors.