Conditions of Enrolment – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- On enrolment, a non-refundable deposit is payable. (All fees are subject to VAT at the ruling rate).
- ONCE THE COURSE HAS STARTED, THE FULL COURSE FEE IS NON REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES and all outstanding payments must be completed.
- Should the course be cancelled, an administration fee of £100 is payable
- Dishonoured cheques will incur a charge of £10.00 each, all training will be suspended until payment is then resolved i.e. paid in full.
- Attendance must be regular and booked in advance. Long-term absence without notification may result in the cancellation of the whole course without refund.
- The course length has been calculated to allow an average student the time to complete the course, however, this will depend on individual aptitude, as will the degree of proficiency achieved.
- Individual Pitman Training courses must be completed within 3 months, Diploma courses within12months. If the course is not completed within the time agreed, and if the student wishes to carry on with the course, this is at the discretion of the Centre Manager, and an additional fee may be payable.
- All students must use the workbooks and materials specified for the course booked and will be required to bring them to each lesson. Loan copies are not available. Replacement of students’ books will be chargeable at the appropriate rate.
- We will make every effort to ensure the student reaches the required standard. It must be appreciated that regular attendance and home practice where applicable is an integral part of the course. 2nd attempts at exams will incur a charge of £30 to cover examiners’ fees. Failure of 2nd attempts will result in a “Course Completed” grade.
- Exam papers passed or 2nd attempt fails are not returned, if you would like to request the return of your examination paper, there is a fee of £10plus VAT.
- Certificate re-prints are £10 each.
- Tutor-led courses – A booking will only be considered as confirmed when payment is received. Pitman Training reserves the right to charge rescheduling/cancellation fees as follows:
- 15 working days prior to course date -No charge
- 5 – 15 Working days prior to course date – 50% of the Course fee
- Less than 5 working days notification prior to course date – 100% of the Course fee
Pitman Training will endeavour to ensure that all tutor-led courses run on the specified dates. However, in the unlikely event a course needing to be rescheduled, we will accept no liability whatsoever save for the return of the course fees paid if the delegate is unable or unwilling to reschedule.
- Pitman Training does not supply stationery for home practice.
- Pitman Training is unable to accept responsibility for loss or damage to student’s property.
- Pitman Training reserves the right to dismiss any student who is consistently disruptive or does not attend regularly for training.
- Students must not fail more than two 2nd Attempt exams required for their diploma certificate. If this requirement is not met individual certificates will be issued for the subjects passed. Each re-sit must be completed within 3 months.
- Any career advice given by Pitman Training should be treated as guidance only and should always be confirmed by other relevant independent sources.
- Smoking is not permitted on or around Pitman Training property.
- Internet and email use is strictly prohibited. The manager reserves the right to dismiss any client found abusing the centre’s internet capabilities or in viewing illicit or pornographic material.
- Playing music is strictly prohibited.
- Eating and drinking at the computer terminal is strictly prohibited.
- Making copies of any Pitman Training material e.g. audio and data files will result in expulsion without refund as this is an infringement of copyright law.
- This training centre is operated under franchise by Holborn Training Limited.
Date of Birth
What information do we collect from you and when?
Under the guidelines set out by the ICO PTG will collect and/or monitor and store on our database(s) personal information:-
(including but not limited to name, address (postal and e-mail), postcode, telephone number(s), nationality, National Insurance Number, previous employment details and general comments) which you voluntarily give to us when you initially contact us; and
- that you register with any Pitman Training Centre; and
- we learn about you from subsequent visits or contacts made with your chosen Pitman Training Centre and
- in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms and
- relating to student traffic patterns and web site use that enables us to improve the service we provide to you; and
- about the training and transactions you undertake in order to enhance our provision of the service to you; and
- including telephone calls to and from you fro staff training and quality control purposes
How do we use your personal information?
The provision of the service requires us to store your personal information for as long as stipulated by law and in accordance with best practice. PTG will to use your personal information for the purpose of providing the service to you and in accordance with our legitimate business interests including but not limited to administration; statistical analysis; marketing; education, credit scoring; security vetting; communication with you or other operational reasons relating to our service.
With whom do we share your personal information?
In order to provide the service to you, we share and otherwise exchange within the PTG Network personal information collected by your chosen Pitman Training Centre. Please note that your personal information is only accessible by the Pitman Training Centre at which you enrol and is not shared with any other Pitman Training Centre. In order to assist PTG’s provision of the service, you also consent to we share and exchange your personal information with PTG’s carefully chosen data processors, such as IT consultants. PTG will only use carefully chosen data processors who contractually agree to protect your personal information whilst being processed on PTG’s behalf. Otherwise, without first obtaining your permission, your personal information will not be disclosed by us to any third party provider.
PTG will not transfer your personal information to any member(s) of the PTG Network or any other third parties without first obtaining your prior written consent.
We will never pass your personal information to anyone outside of the PTG Network except for any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process personal information on our behalf.
How do we protect your personal information collected by us?
PTG is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only provide access to personal information about you to those members of the PTG Network who we consider need such access in order to carry out our contractual obligations to you. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure the security of personal information whether it is stored in computer systems paper files or other storage media. Our computer database(s) are protected by certified firewalls in order to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing. We use the latest technology with full backups. Password protection is provided for all registered users of our website. All outgoing and incoming email is scanned for viruses. PTG expects the same high standards of security and confidentiality of any suppliers that process personal information on our behalf.
What rights do you have to access, personal information collected us?
.We will employ effective procedures and safeguards to ensure that the personal information we hold on you are adequate relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they were obtained as well as accurate and up-to-date. Where you inform us by e-mail of any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold we will correct and where appropriate delete incorrect personal information. Retention periods are in place to ensure that personal information are only stored whilst they are required for the purposes in question or to meet administrative legal and regulatory requirements. Where personal information is no longer required we will ensure that they are disposed of in a secure manner.
You have the right to see all personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to have access to all or a particular part of your personal information please contact our Data Compliance Officer by e-mail at email@example.com. Such access will be granted in accordance with the requirements of national legislation and subject to any discretionary allowance for us to make a charge payable by you to cover our administration costs incurred in providing you with such personal information.