National PA Day is dedicated to the hard working PAs from all over the country who make our offices work, and is a fantastic opportunity for us to recognise and celebrate the role of the PA.
The day aims to demonstrate the importance of the PA and their role, and to promote the PA career path.
In recognition of National PA Day on the 8th of October , we’ve put together a short list of some attributes required to be a top PA:
- A top PA needs to makes it their business to know what’s going on. You’ll need to be aware of all aspects of the business – who the clients are, who the principle people in other departments are, and so on. Check out Shilpa Wymer’s 25 top tips for PAs for more useful ideas.
- Stay educated. Every now and then it’s important to refresh your skills. This will not only help you to stay up to date with the latest technology or industry trends, but it will help keep you motivated in your job role. Try one of our one or two day PA courses to keep your career on the right track.
- A top PA will be an excellent organiser and have a good eye for detail. You’ll be trusted with tasks such as organising meetings and communicating with important clients, so you really have to keep a handle on what’s going on in this fast paced role.
- Discretion is also an essential attribute of a top PA. You’ll need to know when callers or visitors are not wanted, as well as who is important and who can be kept waiting.
- Strong practical skills such as a touch typing and full knowledge of the Microsoft suite are on any top PA’s C.V. If they’re not on yours, just get in touch with us and we’ll start the ball rolling! You can study a wide range of courses for PAs at our centres in London and Manchester, or from home.
Each year, National PA Day falls on the same day as the office* show which takes place at Olympia, and is the biggest date in the PA calendar. It’s a great opportunity for PAs to network, meet top exhibitors, and attend educational seminars and keynote speeches. Hope to see you there!
Find out more about National PA Day on the office* show website.
Published by Holborn Training.
Get in touch and we will be happy to see what we can do for you!
020 7025 4700 – High Holborn Training Centre
020 7792 5214 – Notting Hill Training Centre
0161 923 6814 – Manchester Training Centre
020 8688 0378 – Croydon Training Centre
Or Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.